An Effective Treatment for Anger”,The following points should be read numerous times a day such that they could be recalled at the time of anger:
1. To recite اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
2. To perform wudhu.
3. To change ones’ position, i.e. if one is standing, then sit, if one is sitting, then lay down.
4. To remove oneself from the company of whomever the person is angry with or to remove that person from ones’ own company.
5. To sit in the company of some righteous person.
6. To occupy ones’ self with the remembrance of Allah or in particular to send salutations upon Rasulullah (Sallellahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).
7. As far as possible, to not speak nor have any type of dealing(s) with the person one is angry with.
8. To reflect on the following point, that anger spoils ones’ iman (faith) just as aloe spoils honey.
9. To ponder over this point, that I am also at fault with Allah and if I am taken to task regarding my faults, then it would be difficult for me to attain salvation. Hence, if I overlook or forgive the faults of others I hope that my own faults would be overlooked and forgiven by Allah. Therefore, to overlook and forgive the faults of the person one is angry with is the best course of action.
10. If one acts contrary to the above-mentioned points, then one should penalize ones’ self financially anywhere from fifty cents to ten dollars (or whatever currency is appropriate) by donating the amount to charity along with praying four rak’ats (in sets of two), nafl salah.